that stands for Sustainable Living Festival. Which was grand!
I have not posted for a while, but I thought I would start with some links and inspiration from the festival last weekend.
Let’s start with the one that I have used every day since the festival – Shop Ethical (iPhone Ap) – which is basically the book as an application that links live to research and background data for the reason that it is either non-ethical or boycotted. Very good for that supermarke trip if you have to!
Other really good finds of the day were:
- Social Studio – a non-profit, design and studio based clothing brand from a skilled young refugee community
- Lopees – an environmental Reusable Envelope for business’
- Rad-Pads – cloth menstrual pads (Great, great, great – I may seem too excited about these, but I have been looking for them for a while)
- The Sharehood – neighbourhood sharing resources
- Friends of the Earth – lots and lots of links and resources, political stance and great connections
- Send me Seeds Pip – a seasonal seed subscription – WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A GIFT!
- Australian Ethical – Investment and Superannuation
Obviously this was not everything, but these were a few stand outs of the many that were there. You should come next year!
Also, my apples seem to be very ripe early this year – in fact there are none left on my tree, which is rather dissapointing. There could be a few other reasons – because Stanley was helping me eat them, the lorikeets were beautifully hanging and eating them (I couldn’t shew them away!) and we have also found a little mouse/rat thing (that we have named ‘ratatouille’ poking around). Stanley has now become a little obsessive complusive and sits and waits for ‘ratatouille’ each night at the tree – I think that he wanted all the apples.
Apples from the garden
Stanley helping me harvest the apples
Stanley still can’t believe that I am home!